Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Advent II and III… and Computer Issues!

Dear Family Trails readers, 
these past 2 weeks have been very challenging in the world of cyber space. Right in the middle of Advent and at a time of hustle and bustle,,,when quiet times and reflection are so important, I had my head orbiting in a world of words that I barely understood..."You need a new modem, Ma'am," and "This router is out of date." I had a little panic there last week about all of this, and tried to explain to our technician that this would never do! I had a blog to write, for goodness sake! Didn't he understand? 
So please forgive me for missing a post last Weaver Wednesday! 
On a positive note about this internet issue", we had the most helpful technician solve the problem. Not only did he correct and replace the modem and router, he gave us his personal phone number and offered to us to call him directly whenever we have any problem again! Isn't this amazing…in in a world of speaking to machines and robotic tele-promptors, we have a Human Being who wants us to call on him! I told him he was a wonderful Christmas present!


I wanted to share these precious pictures from Christmas night at Tee and Aunt Nina's house in 1969.
These are from my little photo albums I made as a 10 year old. I remember them so well. I was trying to earn my photography badge for Girl Scouts, so I have loads of these square pictures. Isn't is nice that they were developed with the date on them!
These two lovebirds are Alice and Bob, and the first picture is Chuck! So cute!

THE TREE
AS children, we could not wait to run into the parlor of Tee and Aunt Nina's house to see the tree! It was always beautiful.
There are presents under the tree. I think I remember that we drew names in different age groups for a few years.

Look at this Christmas time capsule! Nancy Weaver, Alice, Bill, Tommy DeWine, and Rebecca in the sitting room. 


And a precious picture from Alice and Bob… I think George took it and shared it…
Tee and Aunt Nina, always the queens of Hospitality! They welcomed all of us and any strangers into their home as if we all were the most important people in the world! It never mattered if we popped in or if it was a planned visit. Anything else these dear aunts were doing stopped, and all of their attention was on their guests. This is a great example to live by. I hope that in my wildest dreams I can be at least HALF as gracious to others as they were to me EVERY SINGLE TIME we appeared at their door. 
I hope your Advent season is a blessed one. I thank you for continuing to follow along on our Family Trails. I will try not to let the trail get thick with" the underbrush and brambles and thorns" that try to slow one down on a trail, and we can continue on a weekly basis to come together and learn more about our Weaver heritage. 
See you all next "Weaver Wednesday"!

"Lord, You have been our refuge from one generation to another. Before the mountains were brought forth, or the land and the earth were born, from age to age you are God.
                                                                                                                         Psalm 90:1-2

Card from Grandfather Weaver's Scrapbook



1 comment:

  1. Great post Mom! Love the picture of Aunt Bee and Uncle Thomas with Papa and Aunt Alice.

    ReplyDelete