Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Happy Halloween!



Who ARE all these goblins!!!!! Does anyone recognize these 3 little monsters?





I have now opened up another Pandora's box in this Family Trails endeavor…. now I am reorganizing my own Grandmother's photo album!
 This album spans a daunting time frame from 1921 to 1978! Can you imagine what treasures are in store for our family blog! This scrapbook of "Bo's" contains pictures of "the Grandchildren" of C.S. Weaver, as toddlers and teenagers. What a treat for all of us to see all the first cousins during the years that they were all playmates!

 I have heard these stories for years of the first cousins playing in Tee's basement and making movies on Talladega Creek. Finding these pictures has made these stories come to life, and I will share them with all of you at Family Trails throughout the next few posts.

                                                                                                                       
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Here is a picture on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial-a family trip that held fond memories for my mother. She and her mother went to Washington D.C. with Uncle Dewey, Aunt Era, and cousin Alice.   Mama must have been the photographer for this picture. From left to right on the top step of the Memorial are: Aunt Era, Ivera, Uncle Dewey, and Alice.

I have received so many sweet emails from some of you thanking me for Family Trails. I just love hearing from you and your ideas for future posts. Please keep those ideas coming…I love them! But for now, I have a big request…. during your Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations, please take pictures of any family dishes you make and send them to me. As you can tell, my mind is already gearing up for these wonderful holidays, and I would love to include your favorite dishes in a future post.

So today, on October 29, 2014, we say,"So long" for a week with a precious portrait of "Grandfather Weaver" found in his scrapbook! The artist is unknown. Does anyone remember drawing this?
Love to all, and I wish you all a very Happy and Safe Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment