Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Weavers Among Area's Earliest Residents

Dear readers,
I would just like to tell you all how much I enjoy writing this blog. I never know who, if any, are reading each week's entry, but for me the connection with you is real. As I write, choose pictures, and decide on topics, I am transported to the parlors, dining room tables, family gravesites, church sanctuaries, and outdoor reunions when I last was in the company of many of you and of those that have gone before us. Family Trails brings such joy to me. I like knowing that others can now have access to the legends and now real scrapbooks of our kin.




Also, this new task has forced me to learn new skills on the computer. Many of you may be laughing right now, thinking, "Everybody has known how to "link", copy and paste, import, etc. But family, if you know me well, you know my hands would rather be holding a needle and tread, not a laptop. I can get lost in a set of knitting needles with a lap full of yarn or be transported to some Wonderland, sitting at my sewing machine for hours. This new world of blogging is truly an ADVENTURE .

I like this article about the Weaver family. I think the picture is especially good of these five…. Grandmother (Ivera), Uncle Rat, Tee, Aunt Lallie, and Uncle Kiser. It was in the Talladega newspaper, The Daily Home. The five surviving children of Nettie and Sisson Weaver recollect about their parents' decision to move to Talladega.

Of course, this was not in C. S. Weaver's scrapbook! There will be posts from time to time that venture away from the scrapbooks….much has happened in the Weaver family since 1949!
See you next "Weaver Wednesday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment