Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Trail is Tough Right Now…..

Lee Morris, Sally Morris, Billy Morris, Mariellan Morris

Dear Family Trails readers, First let me apologize for being AWOL (as my daddy would say) for about 2 weeks. My family has had a very sad time this month.  My husband lost his dear, sweet brother, Lee,  on June 6. 
Lee fought a long, hard fight with cancer for 16 years. He remained cheerful and funny and never gave up the fight. He was a wonderful, son, brother, father, uncle, and great-uncle, and everyone he met adored him. We all are comforted knowing that Lee is wrapped in the arms of the Lord, but we miss him so much! 
I thought I would share this about Lee on this blog because of the good example he gave so many people who are continuing to fight the battle against cancer. Lee was optimistic. He was open to try the next new treatment. He was consistent. Rather than think about himself, he made a habit of checking on others who might need a listening ear.
All of the Morris family knows that Lee's example can continue to encourage others who are coping day to day with the battle of cancer, and I hope that this short tribute to Lee might reach someone who needs some encouragement today. 


I think that tomorrow we can step back onto our Family Trails. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and we can get back to our "Weaver Wednesday" post. I guess this is what happens when one walks a trail with others. There's a bend in the trail one day, then there might be a tremendous mountain to climb over the next.  The blessing is that we are walking this trail together, sometimes with great joy to see what is next to explore and sometimes just trying to put one foot in front of the other.

Thank you for joining me on this trail.

With love,
Mariellan


1 comment: