Friday, February 12, 2016

When God Closes a Door...


Doors are fascinating to me.
Usually doors are the focal point of a home, and they each say something to the outsider…either "Come on in," or "Keep out," or "Please notice me."
I thought I would share with you some pictures of doors I have taken over the years when I have returned to Talladega, Alabama. 






In the movie, The Sound of Music, The Reverend Mother tells Maria,
"When God closes a door, He opens a window."

I never tire of hearing that message.  I would imagine that each one of us has experienced doors closing in our lives, then discovering that God is there with us as the door closed, but He also provides an open window. That window might be a new beginning or a second chance or forgiveness or a healing from a physical or an emotional pain.  The lists of the windows in our lives could go on forever.


Maybe that is why I take pictures of windows and doors. 
I hope you enjoy these photographs.


These doors and windows look a lot like life. 
Some are well-painted, and the glass is crystal clear. 
Others are cracked and peeling with no weather-stripping to keep the wind out.
 Some have metal bars.
 Some are shut tight, and some are left ajar. 



Yes, time has moved on, and many of the doors of our home places in Talladega are closed to us now.   But as I stare into these old windows trying to learn about our family's past, I hope to remember to put those history lessons to good use…study the past, but look ahead. Move forward. Keep searching. Keep learning.
And…
 open some doors.

Love,
Mariellan

No comments:

Post a Comment