Friday, February 20, 2015

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It is so cold outside! For us folks in Alabama, it is so rare to have days that never reach above freezing.  We just do not deal with it well, both physically and mentally! We still grab the wind-breaker jacket or a comfy scarf, thinking those will be enough protection and head outdoors. We just don't get it….actually, we don't want to! 

So why am I ranting on about the cold weather? Since it is too cold this morning to get out, I decided to do some work on our family blog. In doing so, I reread some your sweet emails and comments to make sure I am staying on task. It is great that some of you catch mistakes or misspellings or facts that I have missed. I think in my enthusiasm in writing, I do not catch my own mistakes. I need an editor! So let me correct a big one….In the blog description at the top of the blog, I actually used a wrong name! So now the blog description will read correctly that this is a blog about the family and descendants of Nancy Antoinette Haynes and Charles Sisson Weaver. Of course we can dig into what we know about Lucretia Pace Haynes, but her name should not have been listed next to Charles Sisson's. That was confusing. Lucretia Pace Haynes was C.S Weaver's mother-inlaw. 


Charles Sisson Weaver

Nancy Antoinette Haynes Weaver 

So now you know why there is a bonus blog post this week! Thanks to these sub-freezing temperatures and icy rain, we could just call this your "Freezing Friday" update! 
Oh, daffodils, where are you? 

These photos of cemetery markers are taken at Oak Hill Cemetery, Talladega, Alabama




No comments:

Post a Comment