Wednesday, April 8, 2015

"Cut and Paste" and the Weaver Library




Good morning,  Family Trails readers. If you have been on the trail from the beginning, do you remember one of the first posts about how this all got started?
I referred to daughter Rebecca who steers me on the technical side of this project. She helped me design this blog, then talked me through how to put pictures into my writing, how to add labels….basically how to use my computer to reach out and share The Scrapbook

So I've been thinking about this lately….why a "50-Something" who graduated from college, raised 3 children, taught preschoolers for a while, and who can take apart a sewing machine to fix it when it doesn't work, CANNOT  use a computer to its fullest capabilities! Why! Why! Why! Oh yeah…just remembered…I finished college in 1981. I bet that's it!

Actually, I do have 3 computer gurus that I turn to frequently to bail me out of Computer Anxiety Disorder (let's call this CAD) almost every week! My 3 children. All grown up, all extremely computer literate, all helpful, although not always completely patient with their CAD-inflicted mother. I would just like to say "Thank you " to all 3 for their guidance in helping me through this new adventure. 

So, why am I rambling on so about this? I do have a great excuse. You see, my cousin, who I call "aunt"  wrote a beautiful account of the history of The Weaver Library at the First Baptist Church in Talladega. She has written about many family stories of her childhood for her grandchildren, and this library history is part of her writing. I have wanted to write in Family Trails about the library, but I did not have all the facts straight in my head. Aunt Lucretia offered me what she wrote, including some great pictures. She sent it to me in an email attachment, and all I have to do is move it into my blog space….(the CAD is flaring up at this point!)

Daughter Rebecca suggested that I click on "Cut and Paste." How many times have my children helped me with "Cut and Paste"?At least one hundred times, and I still cannot remember the steps! Now when I was a little girl, cut and paste was my favorite activity.


 Just give me a pair of scissors and the jar of Elmer's paste, and I could be content for hours. But that was the 1960's…. this is 2015. 

So all this to say…stay tuned in each "Weaver Wednesday" because one week I will have finally  succeeded in posting about the Weaver Library.
I will not give up.
 I will not let this laptop get the best of me.
I am still teachable and willing to learn! 
I am 50-Something….hear me roar!
(Actually I never liked that Helen Reddy song, "I am woman, hear me roar", but I just had to tweak the title and use it here.)

Lora Weaver Ragsdale's secretary at the entrance to the Weaver Library
First Baptist Church
Talladega, Alabama

No comments:

Post a Comment